Saturday, March 6, 2010

Buc-ee's






On our drive up to Dallas from Houston, we made a pit-stop at Buc-ee's to enjoy their 'fabulous restrooms'. To call Buc-ee's a truck stop is does not even begin to describe it. It is sort of a self-contained village of sorts, they seemed to have anything and everything, including beaver nuggets! Don't get excited, they were just puffed corn with caramel flavoring. Their restrooms were actually large and clean so that was good too!

11 comments:

DeAnn said...

Those lollipops probably kept them entertained the rest of the car ride.

Holly said...

Everyone love doing their business in clean restrooms. I can't wait to see you.

Laurel said...

Um is it lame to say that I really want to make a trip to Buc-ee's?

Hayley and Zachary said...

Oh all the little kiddies are adorable. I love that there are clean restrooms still available out there in that crazy world of ours :)

Maureen said...

I am so jealous you got to go to Buc-ee's, it's been a long time since I've seen what I would call a "Fabulous restroom" I actually saw something on t.v. once about Buc-ee's and their restrooms. The kids are so cute with their lollipops!

Gabriel said...

Ah-maz-ing! I think we should do a road trip and go photograph all of the famous roadside bathrooms and do a 'potty-room' book. How much fun would that be?

Debra Morris said...

Well, Gabe, the restrooms down here in Texas that would win the "Worst, stinkiest, nastiest restroom" award would be the Valero's gas stations. If you find yourself on the road needing to potty and the only place to go is a Valero's, you will be very, very sad, indeed.

Maureen said...

Referring to
Gabes comment about the potty-room book. Because I work on construction sites a lot and have to use a lot of portajohns I've thought about writing a book containing portajohn poetry which is written by bored construction workers who spend way to much time in the john and write their poetry on the walls.

DeAnn said...

I think both potty book ideas are great. Just don't give grandpa a copy.

Gabriel said...

This is awesome! We need to do all of the above... if we gave Grandpa a copy he would never leave the bathroom again.
My friend has a book in her bathroom that is 'Toilets of the World' or something -- it's actually really awesome.

Maureen said...

Sorry to go on with the potty-room theme ya'll but we could dedicate the book to Grandpa with maybe an honorable mention to Great Grandpa Rasmussen who was the reigning "Time spent in bathroom at one sitting champion"