
There is a show on the disney channel called 'Handy Manny'. Everytime I see it I am irritated and not just because it is a cartoon made for small children. Manny is a hispanic fellow who is self-employed as a handy man, no problem here, but what I am bothered by is that every white character on the show is a bumbling idiot. They are always doing something dumb, breaking something or having some type of accident. All of the other hispanic characters are usually charming, loving and doing something nice, like baking cookies or sprucing up the community center. The only exception to the moronic white person rule is a white woman named Kelly who owns the hardware store, a blondish white woman is the only one who is not dumb? I shall let you make your own conclusions.

2 comments:
I know what you mean, this is another incident that is a racial prejudice, and I don't know if it was by accident. I was reading a book, and it was pictures of babies doing things like eating and sitting and playing. Well the last one is a baby taking a bath and they have a black baby and it says dirty and then you flip the page and they have a white baby and it says all clean. You make your own assumption about that one.
book from previous post almost shocks me! terrible. About Handy Manny, i think he's so cute! the only white caracters i've seen are the candy shop guy, who is dumb, and kelly who is great.
Post a Comment